Pages

Friday, 12 July 2013

Chamonix and a broken hard drive

The last month has offered many adventures and unforgettable moments from experiencing the mountain range in the heart of the Alps. Many mountains and rock walls that have been on my mind for years, have been accessible for me this year, with good weather and preparations! I'm so happy for that!
I have been down in France and Switzerland since early June and we have had so many exciting moments that I'd like to share here on the blog. Unfortunately, my hard drive has crashed down and I can't upload any pictures yet...

I'll get back as soon as I can!

At the moment the European Championship is taking place in Chamonix and the finals are coming up tomorrow evening. I remember how it felt when the competition climbing was in my focus. It's a bit of nostalgie that passes me this time of year when I see the climbers chalking up for their go. But that nostalgie is gone quickly, tomorrow will be another day in the alpine environment and how I love being up there touching the rock and jamming my hands into the cracks...!
Coming down to the valley in the afternoon, with soar fingers and hopefully a new climbing experience gathered, I know I'll be very pleased to follow the finals from below. Chamonix lightens up and the city is moving!

Thank you Morgan Diaz for sending me the above picture from the south wall of Pointe Lachenal, the Contamine route (6b), that I had the pleasure to climb with Ulrika Dahlgren and Gorm Gunleiksrud a couple of days ago. What a rock face, and what an environment above the glaciers... like so much else in this area, just stunning!





No comments:

Post a Comment